Having fitness goals and keeping up with them is one of the ways I stay healthy. Without having a comittment or a goal to reach for, I tend to fall off the wagon. I eat clean, for the most part, but I do think that fitness is an essential aspect of a healthy lifestyle.
Since moving to Massachusetts, my work life balance has been off. Really off. On top of that, I haven’t signed up for a gym because I’m not sure where I’ll be living in the next month or so. Thankfully my family has a mini gym at our house and my job keeps me pretty active with a ton of walking around Boston. I was curious to see how much I actually was walking, and would occasionally plug my routes into a map online to calculate my distance. There were some days I was walking up to 8 miles a day! But then there were my “office days” where I barely moved from my chair. Womp womp.
I was asked to particpate in the Staples Fitness Challenge at the most perfect time. I wanted an accurate way to track my activity and monitor my health. When I got the email to participate, I thought it was a joke. But nope, Staples hooked me up with some awesome goodies to kickstart the challenge.
Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Scale
- Tracks weight, body mass index (BMI), and % body fat
- Uploads your weight automatically to your free Fitbit.com account
- Automatically recognizes up to eight users
- See your stats, track weight trends, and log workouts
- Tracks your activity and your sleep
- Syncs your stats automatically to your PC, tablet or phone
- Tracks: Steps taken, calories burned, distance traveled, stairs climbed, hours slept and quality of sleep
- Great for using the Fitbit app
- Plays music during your workouts
- Compatible with plenty of fitness-related apps for workout ideas
Over the next couple of months, I’ll be tracking my fitness using the above 3 products. I’m happy with my current weight, so the main goal I’ll be focusing on is my activity levels. Because the Fitbit tracks my steps, I want my goal to be at least 10,000 steps per day. I hope to spend the next three months hitting that goal each day. So stay tuned for my progress! If anyone would like a more in-depth review of any of the above products, I’d be happy to write posts on those as well. 🙂
To kick off this campaign, Staples has offered to give one of my readers a $25 Itunes gift card. You can use it to download music or apps to help you reach your own fitness goals. Good luck!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway