My obsession with Sriracha is still going strong. It’s been 5 months since Amanda introduced me to the life-changing condiment, and truthfully, there aren’t many things I wouldn’t put it on. I have yet to add it to something sweet though. Can anyone think of a good combo? Enlighten me.
I think I hit rock bottom when I purchased Sriracha lip balm from The Oatmeal.
Truth be told, it was so nasty. Almost as nasty as the pickle flavored lip balm my aunt got me for my birthday. Ick.
Both tubes were tossed in the trash immediately after the first (and only) application to my lips. I should have spent my $3.99 somewhere I was guaranteed a good time. Like Chick-fil-A.
Spicy Lentil Patties with Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- 1cup dried green lentils, rinsed and picked over for stones
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (AP is fine)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp. Sriracha (depending how spicy you like it)
- Place the lentils and onions into a large pot and cover with water by at least 2 inches. Place the pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the lentils are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain the lentils and let cool for a few minutes. Puree them in a food processor
- Add the ginger, cilantro, cumin, flour, egg, and salt. Pulse until the ingredients are combined.
- Take some of the mixture and make a patty. If it is too wet, add more flour to the mixture. Make eight patties.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil In a sauté pan over medium high heat. When the oil is ready, add the patties to the pan. Let each side brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Keep warm.
- While they are cooking, stir Sriracha into the Greek yogurt. Top the patties with the sauce or use as a dipping sauce.