1.Thanks to one of the guys in our catering kitchen, I’ve been making the easiest but super tasty chopped salad. All I do is mix grilled chicken, chopped romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, shaved red onion, roasted red peppers, and cilantro, then toss it with a little bit of salt & pepper, olive oil and a LOT of lime juice. Yes, lime juice. Trust me, you need to try this. Kim and I could not stop eating it!
2. Speaking of salads, I will never get tired of the Southwestern Salad from b.good. It was the first salad I tried there and I still eat it 2-3x/week. Arcadian greens, avocado, grilled corn, tomatoes, black beans, toasted corn, chipotle puree, and balsamic vinaigrette. Sometimes I swap out the dressing for a roasted red pepper vin they have. It’s so good!
3. Switching into unhealthy gear for a second, this month’s #freakfrappe special at BBC is the “Frappe, Crackle & Pop”. This one was a joint effort between Frappe Daddy and me. He gets all the credit for the perfect name.
4. Over the weekend my friend Jess and I went to brunch at Earl’s in Assembly where she lives. We actually hang out in her area a lot because there’s a bunch of good shopping and restaurants we can hop around to. Sunday morning, we rolled right downstairs because I needed this avocado super toast. It had poached eggs, smashed avocado, olive oil, tomatoes, radish, sriracha, and toasted toasted hemp seeds.
Their Bloody Mary’s are really good too. Mostly because they come with salami and pickles…and I always add olives.
5. There’s another cooking video on my instagram from last night. Check my stories to see how I made a Fig Glazed Pork Loin from Home Chef. And ya know, watch my shenanigans. Hilarity all around. Watch before it expires around 6pm!
1. Yesterday was my 2 year anniversary at BBC. I truly love this company and everything I do. I have learned SO much. Things I never thought I’d be doing. The majority of what I do is photography, videos, web/ad design, social media, and restaurant events. It is a ton of work and sometimes I go a little crazy, but I wouldn’t change it because it has been the most rewarding position I’ve ever had. And not just because I get to take pictures like this….
2. Today is the LAST day of the Beautycounter promo. They switched up the freebies and the mascara is, by far, the best option. You’ll get the best bang for your buck if you buy the charcoal soap and get the mascara. Just $24 + shipping!
3. I had the tastiest cocktail at Park in Harvard Square. My brother and I went to dinner this week and why yes, I was bold enough to drink tequila on a Monday. This concoction was the Forbidden Root: Tanteo Chipotle Tequila, Beet & Thyme Shrub, Dolin Dry Vermouth, Fresh Lime, Agave Nectar. You know if I see beets on a menu, I order them. And in a cocktail? Sure thing.
And don’t worry, I only had one. For dinner, I had the Cast Iron-Seared Cod with Celeriac Puree, Roasted Red Grapes, Bacon, and Tarrgaon Croutons. Excellent. Everything I’ve had at Park has been great.
4. I put up another cooking video on my insta-stories. If you catch this before 6:30pm today, you can still watch! You’ll see a super easy salmon recipe and me waving around a knife like a maniac. Preview here, watch the rest on my story.
Do not mess with a left-handed woman…
how i look at my coworkers on a monday
how i feel about my diet every weekend
me, struggling with how casual this city is
when i get new gels put on and the tech asks what the heck happened to my hands