I love updating you guys on new products I’ve found and loved. I could spend hours in Whole Foods looking at everything they sell. New stuff is constantly popping up in their stores and I wish I could try all of it! [shameless plug: krave jerky has an artisanal line exclusive to whole foods as of july! try it!]
As a food blogger, I feel it is my duty to scout out new foods, try them, and report back. Okay, okay, I don’t mind this task one bit, but still…I do it *mostly* for you. 😉 So here we go!
1. Elli Quark – a spoonable fresh cheese with a creamy texture similar to Greek yogurt,
but with a richer, less sour taste. It also has a better protein-to-carb ratio than
Greek yogurt, with high protein and no added sugars.
They’ve got a great lineup of flavors: red velvet, pineapple, strawberry, lemon, and plain. I’ve had the plain and strawberry and loved both. They definitely had a very creamy consistency, but I also found them to be less sweet than my usual Greek yogurts. Huge fan. I can’t wait to find that red velvet flavor! I had mine with some blueberries and blackberries for breakfast. Very berry!
2. Nature’s Path Qi’a Superfood – chia, buckwheat, & hemp cereal (cranberry vanilla flavor). This one won me over because of the nutritional value and the texture. The ingredient trio is full of fiber, protein, and omegas. The texture is a part chewy part crunchy so I would definitely pair it with something soft.
Nature’s Path instructs you to add a couple tablespoons of milk to a serving (which is only 2 tbsps) and let it soak for 5 minutes. I tried it that way but found that I gobbled it up too fast. I prefer adding it to a 1/2 cup of yogurt with some fresh fruit. Figs have been my go-to fruit lately. I can’t get enough!
3. Zola Coconut Water – I actually received this in the mail one day and had no idea where it came from. That’s a funny thing about blogging; sometimes stuff just appears on your doorstep without notice. But hey, it’s usually not a problem. 😉
The coconut water comes in original, original with pulp, lemonade, and espresso. They’re all 100% vegan, gluten free, dairy free, non GMO and BPA free. I like Zola because it has a cleaner, fresher flavor. The lemonade was my favorite.
4. Cedar’s Tzatziki – a delicious Mediterranean dip/spread.
It’s made with Greek yogurt, cucumbers, garlic, and dill. It’s wonderful in a pita with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, and feta. I also like just dipping chips or cucumber slices in it.
5. Perfect Fuel Chocolate – raw, organic cacao with ginseng. My first experience with Perfect Fuel was at a work event where they were onsite as a vendor. This “endurance chocolate” is an all natural dark chocolate with 500mg of ginseng, a natural fuel and mood enhancer.
Now, I must note that this chocolate is not smoothy or creamy. It’s pretty chalky and bitter. You have to really appreciate dark chocolate to like this. But I do, and I love that it’s a chocolate with nutritional benefits rather than junky additives.
Which of these products have you tried? Any new products you’ve found recently? Do share!