Quinoa quinoa quinoa.
I’ll never forget the time my old roommate saw my bag of quinoa and asked, “What’s kweenoah?”
She’s so cute. I miss her! Hey, Jenna!
It’s pronounced keen-wah. And your body loves it. Quinoa is rich with nutrients and is one of the only grains that is considered a complete protein source. It’s gluten-free and a good source of calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, iron, and fiber. Don’t you want to eat it now? Oh, good, because I have a recipe ready for you. And it’s easy, to boot!
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook quinoa as instructed on package.
- Meanwhile, slice zucchini into 1/2-inch rounds, then quarter them. Place them in a large bowl, then add tomatoes, chickpeas, salt, and pepper.
- Once quinoa has finished cooking, fluff with a fork. Next, add the quinoa to the vegetable mixture and toss until evenly combined.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and toss again. Top with feta and serve warm or chilled. Serves 4.
Using the Livestrong nutritional calculator, here are the stats:
Check out the fiber and protein content. You love it. That’s the key to staying full, my friends.
While you eat this, you can daydream just like I did…about this place.
From what part of the world is your favorite cuisine?