1. Since high school, Nancy and I have been obsessed with big, bug-eyed sunglasses. I have this weird issue with wanting my eyebrows to be covered, and my Wayfarers do not even come close. I got tired of them and scooped up a fabulous (and cheap) pair from Old Navy.
Oh, and I also re-downloaded snapchat. I have a love/hate relationship with that app. But yeah, these suckers definitely cover my eyebrows. The lipstick I’m wearing is MAC Fabby that I posted about on Monday.
2. I’m out and about a lot for work, so finding a healthy lunch can sometimes be difficult. I’m trying to map out some good spots and have found that Au Bon Pain has some good healthy items. They have a build-your-own salad bar option that works well. Last week I had a salad of Southwestern chicken, avocado, kalamata olives, chickpeas, feta, and romaine with a lemon vinaigrette. Works for me!
3. Last week my uncle gave me tickets to a charity basketball game that the Patriots played in. Though they’re football players, they were amazing to watch play a different sport. The reaction time on some of these guys blows my mind! It was pretty neat to see them way closer than on the field at Gillette too. In the game were Arrington, McCourty, Hooman, Dennard, Collins, and a couple other old players.
We sat just a few rows behind them! My cousins got their autographs and said they were all really nice guys. Hooman is much cuter in real life.
McCourty eating peanut M&Ms on the court made my evening.
4. Since my half marathon last January, I really don’t run much anymore. It had been six months since my last recorded outdoor run (I use the treadmill every now and then), and I was way overdue. On a nice day last week, I set out for a quick 3 miler.
My only goal was to run sub 8 minute miles, and I’m relieved I’ve still got it!
6. I better keep up with the runs because it certainly helps me balance out the unhealthy eating I do on the weekends. Sometimes you’ve just gotta indulge…and when I do, I really do. My chilldhood best friend Jessica and I checked out Boston Burger Company after hearing it was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. We started with fried pickles–my first in Boston!
My burger was topped with avocado, roasted peppers, marinated tomatoes, mixed field greens, and balsamic vinaigrette. It was good!
What are your favorite healthy on-the-go options? Favorite burger toppings?