As Grammy’s flight didn’t come in until 5:30 pm, Kelly wanted to have an easy dinner, crock pot style. Earlier yesterday, she gave Gabrielle a few options and put her to work. Gabrielle chose a Beef Bourguignon recipe from Fix-It and Forget-It. She excitedly put the meal together and was very proud of how delicious it came out!
I enjoyed my serving very much, especially knowing how carefully it was prepared 😉 Thanks, Gabby!
Despite it being considered a healthy recipe, I found additional changes I could make to reduce the amount of calories and fat.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
cup plain low-fat yogurt6 oz container fat-free vanilla yogurt
3/4 cup mashed ripe banana2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup canola oil1 6 oz container cinnamon applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375*.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon in salt in a large bowl. Stir with a whisk. Make a well in center of flour mixture.
3. Combine yogurt, banana, applesauce, vanilla, and egg in a small bowl and stir until blended. Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
4. Pour batter into a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
20 minutes later…
I shall leave you with a hilarious picture of my cousin. He stuck his head through the arm hole of Grammy’s shirt and ran around yelling that he was a “black ghost.” 🙂
And that would be him knocking his sister off the chair a few minutes later. Sibling love!