Goat Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Chicken with White Wine Lemon Sauce. It sounds delicious right? You bet it is.
Goat Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Chicken with White Wine Lemon Sauce
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 oz goat cheese
- fresh spinach leaves
- salt & pepper
- 1 lemon
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 2 cups white cooking wine
- 2 cups fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
- fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Using a mallet or the back of a pan, flatten chicken breasts until 1/4″ thick. Lightly salt & pepper. Across each flattened breast, lay a few pieces of spinach and crumbled goat cheese. Roll up each breast and stab those babies with a couple of toothpicks so they stay together in the oven. Now, here’s the fun part. Take the lemon and grate a little zest atop each breast. This gives just a little hint of lemon flavor that really ties in with the sauce…Bake chicken for 25-30 minutes.
2. Place a large pan over medium-high heat and add cooking spray. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and let those cook for just a couple minutes. Add the chicken, wine, thyme, and juice from the lemon. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, and let it reduce to about half. If you want to thicken it, you can sloooooowly whisk in some flour towards the end.
3. When the sauce has thickened, pour it over your cooked chicken.
we wanted corn with this recipe, so we just boiled 2 ears. we cut the kernels off the cob and brandon sprinkled them over our chicken. he likes to make things pretty. i just like to eat.