There are two things I always enjoy baking: cookies and banana bread. I’ve made so many different recipes of each and still get excited to find new ones. As far as banana bread goes, I like mine to be light, healthy, and moist. This one right here, my friends, is all of that and more. Can banana bread be fabulous? Because this loaf is. The addition of the banana Greek yogurt lends a tender and moist loaf and the coconut oil gives it a richer, nuttier flavor.
The only downside to baking this is that it won’t last long. I guarantee that you, and anyone you share it with, will gobble it up before you know it. Heck, go ahead and ripen up extra bananas and make two loaves. Thank me later.
Shout out to Chobani. Thanks to this wonderful company’s shipment of their new banana and pear yogurts, I was inspired to make this bread.
Double Banana Bread
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup mashed bananas, made from about 2 medium bananas
- 1 (6 oz.) container Chobani banana flavored Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350* and grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut oil, egg, egg white, mashed bananas, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly incorporate wet mixture into the flour mixture. Lightly stir just until combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for about 20 minutes and serve warm.
What are your must-have banana bread ingredients?
What’s your favorite bread to bake?