Just like last Wednesday, I went to Auntie Kelly’s for dinner. She had picked out a chili recipe from the “Apron’s Simple Meal Recipes” from Publix. The recipe only contains ten ingredients and seemed perfect for the cooler weather we’ve been having. I know that in some parts of the country it has been snowing, and I feel bad saying it’s been chilly here, but 60 degree days are not my cup of tea.
Ground Beef Chili
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped, divided in half
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground chuck beef
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (10.75-oz) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes/sweet onions (undrained)
- 1 (10-oz) can milder diced tomatoes/green chiles (undrained)
- 1 (16-oz) can chili beans in mild sauce (undrained)
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans (drained)
- Preheat large saucepan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place beef, chili powder, seasoned salt, pepper, and one-half of the onions in pan; cook 4–5 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until meat is brown and no pink remains.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, including remaining one-half onions. Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 10 more minutes to blend flavors. Serve.
Gabby told Kelly that she wanted to cook this recipe all by herself for me – so sweet! She needed help cutting the onion and sauteing the meat, so we ended up just cooking it all together.
Once the chili was done, we set up our toppings: cheddar cheese, low fat sour cream, Wholly guacamole, and tortilla chips.
Standing on a chair to get a good angle was definitely necessary. (PS – I want to wear tunics and leggings every single day.)
Here we have my bowl of chili…
and Kelly’s chili fancied up.
And check out Zachary – he stuck his spoon right into the bowl of cheese and ate it right up. He was so over leftover spaghetti.
In other news…
Has anyone noticed how much awesome music is out right now? And now that Lil Wayne is out of jail, the music industry can only improve! I’m currently in love with so many songs, and feel the need to share my newest playlist. (Click song title for youtube video.)
- Wiz Khalifa – Black and Yellow
- Nicki Minaj – Right Thru Me …..I believe she and Weezy will take over the world.
- Usher – Hot Tottie
- David Guetta feat. Kid Cudi – Memories
- Rihanna – Only Girl (In the World)
- Lil Wayne feat. Drake – Right Above It
- YG – Toot It and Boot It
- Ke$ha – We R Who We R —-must she write like she texts??
- Rihanna feat. Drake – What’s My Name
- Jay Sean feat. Nicki Minaj – 2012
- Nicki Minaj feat. Will.I.Am – Check It Out
- Far East Movement – Like a G6
Anything you would add to this list? Amanda and I are running in the 3rd Annual Pajama 5k on Saturday morning and I’d love some more music ideas! Also, at the after party prizes will be given for the best pajama outfit. Do you have any ideas on what we could wear, other than your typical pajamas? Ideas are appreciated!