As mentioned, I just spent 8 days in sunny St. Thomas. Well, mostly sunny…but that’s besides the point because that sun down there is HOT. And when you’re from Boston, any kind of sunshine is an adjustment. I sound like an eskimo and I’m getting sidetracked. What’s new.
One thing I am so glad I brought with me is the Beautycounter Jet Set Collection. I snagged it before my vacation while it was on sale because it had several staples I needed while away. I liked it so much that I wanted to share a full review of the products with you. It’s still on sale so do yourself a favor and grab this now. Two reasons why you might need this: 1. If you’re traveling anytime soon and 2. If you’ve been curious about the products.
When I got it in the mail, I was rather surprised by the size the package. I thought it would make for a really nice gift because of the sleek, bright red box the products came in. I am NOT one to keep packaging, but I couldn’t resist keeping this for a future present. My second thought was that even if I didn’t like the products, I was already in love with the little travel bag.
So…what’s in the Jet Set Collection?
1. Body Wash in Citrus Mimosa – Ingredients like lemon, orange, and tangerine peel give it the freshest scent you can imagine. Perfect for lathering yourself clean. You know how peppermint toothpaste makes your mouth feel cleaner? The citrus gives off an energizing aroma perfect to start each day. For not containing any creepy ingredients, it still lathers nicely, which is a must for any body wash I use. No bubbles = no clean feeling for me. I really love this stuff. 10/10.
2. Hydrating Body Lotion in Citrus Mimosa – Same scent, same promise. You will love this. The lotion is on the thinner side, which I prefer. I hate putting on a really thick lotion and not feeling like my skin is absorbing it. This is thin enough to quickly put on and be able to dress shortly after. I used it every day on vacation and even with the higher temps, I still felt moisturized. 10/10
3. Daily Shampoo – After hearing several happy reviews from friends, I was excited to try this. I have been using Living Proof for years so I was a little anxious to try something else. I liked this a lot, but I didn’t love it. I have very thick, naturally wavy hair so I need something with a little bit more love than any daily shampoo. It was great for vacation, but probably not best for me long-term. If you have healthy, normal to fine hair then it’ll be perfect for you. It has the same amazing citrus scent too! 8/10
4. Daily Conditioner – Maybe I’m just really used to my very thick, ultra moisturizing shampoo, but this was unlike many conditioners I’ve tried. It wasn’t as thick, but oilier. That might sound odd. I usually throw an obnoxious of conditioner on my hair. Honestly I’m probably wasting a lot. This stuff, on the other hand — not much is needed. So the bonus here is that a little goes a long way, but it might take some getting used to consistency wise. Again, probably bc it’s not loaded with God knows what. 7/10 for me….probably 10/10 for others, haha.
5. Charcoal Cleansing Bar – Let’s talk about America’s obsession with green tea and coconut oil. And let’s talk about how both are in this bar. No wonder people are obsessed with it. And the fact that it’s safe for both your face and body makes it a huge win. It does fantastic things for the skin. Want to feel smoother and look clearer than ever? Use this bar. I’m so glad I tried a mini version because buying the full-size bar won’t even feel like a splurge. 10+/10.
4. Travel Bag – It’s too cute. It’s big enough for the aforementioned products and more. It’s flight friendly. You can even put mini vodka bottles in it if you’re so inclined. (I was.) Unfortunately it’s only for sale with the Jet Set Collection, but you could also grab this cute one.
Products I’ll be buying again: the charcoal bar (!!), the body wash, and the body lotion. I’m going to stick to my fave shampoo & conditioner, but for those of you with healthy hair or who like something a little bit lighter, then go for it. The scent alone on all of these products is worth the price point. Trust!!
Which of these have you tried? Which of these are you most interested in? I’m tempted to do a giveaway with one or two of the following, so leave a comment below telling me which you’d like to possibly win! 🙂