Have you noticed how incredibly busy the gym is in January? Then, week by week, less people show up and it’s back to normal. Now that it’s February, a lot of people have forgotten about their New Year’s Resolutions and gone back to their old habits. Don’t worry — you can get right back into the swing of things with these tips from celebrity nutritionist Jillian Michaels.
- Make a resolution…and keep it. Resolutions shouldn’t be something you wait for so this new year, resolve to do it and resolve to start now!
- It’s all about balance. Eating three balanced meals (every four hours) with a snack between lunch and dinner is key. Reach for a healthier snack like carrot sticks and hummus, fresh fruit, or curb salty cravings with tasty snacks such as popchips or almonds and dried cranberries.
- Just because it’s not fried, doesn’t mean it’s not delicious! If you are in the mood to nosh, replace fried potato chips with a healthier alternative that still will satisfy that salty craving. Popchips are a great and my favorite snack option! they taste delicious and have less than half the fat of fried chips and only 100 calories in the single serve bag.
- Grab a buddy. It’s a fact that you will achieve greater success when you have the support of those closest to you. So get your friends together to support each other in being healthier in 2013.
- Create healthier alternatives to your favorite fried foods. Opt for cooking methods that use little or no fat such as steaming, grilling, baking, popping, broiling or roasting. You can still make these items taste great with the right seasoning! Have a weakness for fried chicken? Instead, take skinless chicken breast cutlets, cover them in egg whites and a crushed up cereal like cornflakes, and bake. same great taste and more than half the calories and fat.
Jillian’s new book, Slim For Life, offers tips and a plan for amazing results.
Up for grabs is the book shown here AND a 1-month supply of popchips. Y’all know I am a huge fan of these air-popped chips as they are a much healthier alternative, not to mention delicious.
To win the book and a ton of chips:
Leave a separate comment for each!
- Mandatory: Leave a comment telling me your favorite chip flavor.
- Optional: Follow me on facebook, twitter, or instagram.
- Optional: Tweet about this giveaway and tag @christinaorso
- Optional: Blog about this giveaway and leave me a link
Good luck! I’ll announce the winner on Friday!