Eeeeeh, I got so many good things in my CSA box this week. I was overjoyed by all the GREEN! In my opinion, green veggies are the best for you. Eat ‘em up for high doses of Vitamins A, C, and K and also iron and calcium.
In this week’s box:
- box choy
- green pepper
- sweet potatoes
- green beans
Let’s talk about tofu for a minute or two. (I rhymed!) I’ve had it several times the past month and each time I have it, I’m less creeped out by it. In fact, I think I’m finally a fan. That said, I decided to pick up a slab at Trader Joe’s over the weekend. It was only a couple dollars, so worst case scenario, I’d lose about what I would’ve spent on a Diet Lemonade at Chick-fil-A. Great rationalization, no?
YIKES. Is that not scary? Ok, calm down. The tofu came out better the second time around when I made…
Spicy Tofu & Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 (16 oz.) package firm tofu
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 small eggplant, sliced into 1/4-inch thin rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 pound bok choy, sliced
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1/4 cup water
- Pat dry the tofu with paper towels, and cut 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or wok. Stir-fry the tofu until lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, then add the pepper and eggplant. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, then the garlic and ginger. After about 30 seconds, add the bok choy and stir-fry for about 1 minute until slightly wilted. Add the water. Cook, stirring, until the water evaporates.
- Stir in the tofu, soy sauce and Sriracha. Stir-fry for a few additional minutes until everything is seasoned. Remove from the heat and serve immediately. Serves 4.
I ate this as is, but to make a bigger meal, I suggest serving this over steamed rice. Embrace your inner Asian and get your stir fry on!
Oh, and clearly I squirted Sriracha all over it. Wouldn’t you?
What’s your favorite GREEN vegetable?
On a scale of 1 to burn, baby, burn, how much do you love Sriracha? Favorite thing to put it on?