Despite the fact that it’s 46* and raining here in Charleston, I was feeling Summery. Maybe because I was just at the pool last weekend? There were a bit too many Coor’s lights and Peeps this weekend so I together an easy chicken salad with some ingredients I found in my kitchen. It came together quite nicely…and Summery.
Sweet & Summery Chicken Salad, serves 2
- 1 cup shredded, cooked chicken (6 oz.)
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 2 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt (I love you, Fage!)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- s&p to taste
- In a medium bowl, toss together chicken, pineapple, carrots, and walnuts.
- Add Greek yogurt, honey, mustard, cinnamon, and salt & pepper. Mix well. Serve atop a bed of lettuce or in a pita.
- my laptop
-my Blackberry cover (Matt was creeping on my text messages.)
- my Camelbak
- and the unnecessary collection of Menchie’s spoons
I think everyone has an affinity for a particular color, but I probably need an intervention. Yesterday when I was at Menchie’s, I noticed they now have hot pink spoons! I immediately texted Lucy, knowing she’d be psyched. She replied, “No freaking way! Take their spoon supplies!!!!!!! It’s you and me in spoons!”
SCORE!! But now Lucy and I are wondering what the heck we’ll do with 60 pink spoons.
What is YOUR color?