i’ve seen a few bloggers post this recently. thought it was neat!
1. reading. libraries and bookstores are two places i frequent…for fun. there’s something so special about opening a book for the first time, turning the crisp pages and hearing the spine crack. i’ve said for years that i’d love to get married in a library so let’s hope there’s another bookworm weirdo out there willing to book that venue. 😉
2. sunshine. one of the things i miss most about charleston is the weather. maybe not the humidity, but the fact that the sun is shining more often than not. if there was just one thing i’d change about boston, it would be the weather.
3. fitness. some people struggle to get themselves to the gym, but i actually enjoy going. i love trying different routines and classes and get such a sense of accomplishment after a good workout.
4. food! cookbooks are my favorite read, not just for the recipes but the colorful photos of delicious meals. i love keeping up with food trends and health-related issues too.
5. my family. my people are crazy and wonderful in all the right ways. they support me, make me laugh, and are always so caring.
6. water. i don’t even have to be in it, but just be able to see it. i always do a little happy dance in my head when i drive by or fly over water. it’s beautiful and calming.
1. honking. unless i am about to crash into you, is tooting your horn really that necessary? people in boston honk incessantly. please stop!
2. grammar errors. people are getting worse and worse with how poorly they write. texting has screwed us all over! related: people who say “expresso” instead of espresso and those who don’t know the difference between your/you’re.
3. red onions. i can’t even see them without cringing. the taste, the color, the way they have a slippery crunch. ew ew ew ew ew.
4. when cabinets/drawers/doors are ajar. this makes me shudder. i can never go to sleep if my closet door or dresser drawers are open, at ALL.
5. stepping in water with socks on. such a strange feeling!
6. people standing too closely behind me in line. ooooh, back up please. sometimes if i’m feeling extra feisty, i will purposefully back up an inch to signal “you are too close, honey.” : O
tell me what you love + loathe!