Hi! Hope you all had a lovely Labor Day weekend. The weather was gorgeous in Boston so I spent as much time as I could outdoors. I’m enjoying the temperature being in the 80s most days and our nights are now in the 60s! Yes, 60s! I can hardly believe it. Sleeping with the windows open is wonderful.
Enough about Mother Nature, let’s review my goals for August.
1. Go to the beach. I went! Phew! My Grammy and I went to Gloucester on a really beautiful Sunday afternoon.
I always love spending a whole day with her. I was her first grandchild and we’ve always had a really special bond. She’s always in a good mood, is the best listener, and gives great advice. I’m 30 and when I lay on the couch next to her, I still ask her to rub my head.
2. Try 5 new workouts. I’m so glad my new gym has a variety of workouts so I feel motivated to go. The classes I tried in August were:
- Tabata Total Body - 20 second intervals of extreme exercise, followed by 10 seconds of rest, repeated eight times without pause
- Urban Rebounding - Aerobic conditioning performed on mini trampolines
- Triple Threat - two different twenty minute cardio segments followed by twenty minutes of muscle conditioning
- Fierce Fit Body - Combining cardio, toning, and muscle development
- Rhythm Ride - 5 minute cycling class formatted to the beat of invigorating music
3. Go on at least 1 blogger date/meet up. Make that 2! My first was the Boston Blogger Summer Soiree at Precinct Kitchen + Bar. I met several new bloggers (there were at least 50 people there), but most importantly, I got to hang with my girl Biana.
Biana and I also went to another blogger meet up at LOFT with a few other girls. Though neither of us bought anything, we snacked. Of course we snacked.
4. Eat a lobster roll at James Hook & Co. Sadly, this didn’t happen. I did have 3 other rolls though.
5. Make at least 2 new recipes. I half assed this one. I made *one* recipe. But bonus! I used Krave Jerky as an ingredient. Here we have shaved brussels sprouts with sweet teriyaki jerky.
I liked it, but I wish I had used our Lemon Garlic flavor instead. When I make it again, I’ll definitely share the recipe.
6. Hang with any Charleston friends who come up here. I was so excited to see Rachel not once, but twice while she was here for work!
We went out on the weekend and also had a delicious meal at Alden & Harlow.
Tomorrow I’ll post my September goals. What do you guys have on your list? I need ideas!