Thanks to Ashley from Sweet Carolina Belle for this one!
1. What brings you the greatest joy? My family. I love being up here and close to a bunch of my cousins. My little twin, Maddie and me last weekend:
2. What are your vices? Spending too much $ on food. I swear I am in Whole Foods like half the week. But hey, I’ve got to eat, right??
3. What is on your nightstand? Way too much stuff and it gives me anxiety when it’s cluttered. But the things that are always there are: fresh flowers, the best journal, this book, St. Lucy, and this random poem I accidentally found in a library book. (The previous person was using it as a bookmark, but I was so happy to find it.)
4. Do you have a secret talent? Not many people realize I speak Spanish. It’s always a surprise when I can eavesdrop on a conversation and report back. 😉
5. What is your greatest indulgence? Food. Hands down. But not one particular thing — I just enjoy all of it as a hobby. Cooking, learning about nutritional aspects, following food trends. And I love forcing food on people like an old Italian grandmother.
6. What should everyone try at least once in their life? Living on their own! Traveling alone. Eating at a restaurant alone.
7. What makes you laugh? Aziz Ansari. God I love that little man. I’ve seen him twice (in Charleston and Harvard Square) and he was hilarious both times.
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I consider myself an introvert.
9. What is on your bucket list? Montreal, Greece, Italy (again). Uh, hello, who wouldn’t want to go here?
10. What is on your feet right now? These wedges. (On sale and so comfy!!)
11. How did you make your first dollar? At 15/16 I worked at Sonic Drive-In as a carhop. I wore skates for one day, crashed into a car with a bunch of milkshakes and was told “You can just wear your sneakers from now on.” I loved that job. I worked with a bunch of my friends and we had a blast.
12. What superstition do you believe in? I never ever put my purse on the ground. “A purse on the floor is money out the door.”
14. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? Whether it’s something little or big, anything I’ve gotten from my grammy or my grandparents has been the most special. They both have a way of finding the most perfect-for-me gifts.
15. What is on your liquor shelf? I don’t have anything (!). Just wine. Still my favorite:
16. What is on your kitchen counter? All that I can think of is a tea kettle and a Le Creuset dutch oven. I hate stuff being on the counters.
17. What would you never leave home without? Phone, debit card.
Question for you: What’s your secret talent?